We set up the Arts Academy to help get our best students places at the best Universities for the Arts. Regardless of whether you are a performer, musician, artist, or media student, it is very competitive to get into degree subjects in your area. The Arts Academy will give you unique experiences that students at other Sixth Form Colleges can only dream of and that will enhance your UCAS application, giving it the ‘edge’ over your competitors.
If you choose to study one or more Performing or Visual Arts subjects such as Theatre Studies, Acting, Dance, Art Graphics, Fine Art, Photography, Media Production or Music Technology, you will automatically become a member of ‘The Arts Academy’. This means you are entitled to access a range of creative opportunities to help develop you as an artist or designer.
As an Arts Academy member we will provide to you with lots of opportunities. This can take the form of:
• Audition advice & preparation
• Working with professionals
• Visits to see professional artists at work
• 1:1 portfolio workshops
• Mock University Interviews
• Opportunities to exhibit or perform in new venues
• Opportunities to work with ‘Artists in Residence’
• Photographic and graphic design opportunities with local company on real projects
• Free peripatetic music tuition
We believe in tailoring that support to what you want to do.
Since its inception, the Arts Academy has a track record of getting our Arts students onto the best University degree courses and into the most prestigious Arts training schools in the country.
We have alumni students who are now performing in the West End Theatres as professional performers.
This year all of our A level Visual Artists got straight onto their degree courses of choice without having do a foundation degree. This was purely because of the quality of their work and the experience offered by the Arts Academy.
As well as outstanding teachers with a track record of brilliant examination success who will mentor you through the sixth form we also work with lots of outstanding arts professionals.
Performing Arts and Media
• New York City to experience Broadway, and to dance at Pineapple Studios.
• Formal partnership with BBC Media City.
• Urdang Academy.
• Royal Ballet.
• St Martins College .
• LIPA and many more.
• Royal Shakespeare Company.
• Granada TV.
• Hollyoaks and Coronation Street Actors.
Our Visual Art students have the opportunity to;
• Work with several ‘Artists in Residence’.
• Enter several prestigious competitions, many of which we win (Dot-Art, Glue Gun etc.).
• Enter our work for National Awards (Design and Art Direction Awards).
• Work in local businesses including Whiston Hospital and Liverpool Heart and Chest Hospital.
• Have work displayed at the Open Eye Gallery.