We set up the Science Academy to help our students to be accepted at the best Universities to study Science and Computer Science. It is very competitive to get into some of the top degree courses (Veterinary, Pathology, Engineering, Medicine, and Dentistry) and the Science Academy will give you unique experiences that will put your UCAS application at the top of the list. We are confident when we say that the opportunities we offer are unique; they are not available at other Colleges.
If you choose to study one or more of Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Computer Science or Applied Science, you will automatically become a member of ‘The Science Academy’. This means you are entitled to access a range of Science and Computing opportunities to help develop you for University and beyond.
As a Science Academy member we will provide you with lots of opportunities. This can take the form of:
• Work placements alongside science professionals
• Your own research tailored to your own interests
• Termly master classes from science professionals
• Careers advice from professional scientists and computer experts
• Visits to see science applied in the work place
• 1 to 1 support with applications to Science courses at University
• Mock University interviews,
• Residential trips to explore science in real depth
• Entry into national science competitions
We believe in tailoring that support to what you want to do.
Since its inception, the Science Academy has a track record of getting our students onto the best University degree courses. They have succeeded in very competitive fields because of the extra experience they have in addition to getting great A level grades.
We have alumni who are now working in top jobs here in the North West, nationally and internationally.
As well as outstanding specialist A level teachers with a track record of brilliant examination success who will mentor you through the Sixth Form, we also work with lots of excellent local and national organisations including;
• Whiston Hospital
• Clattterbridge Cancer Centre,
• Warwick University
• Manchester Metropolitan University
• Leading Professors including Brian Cox and Martyn Amos
• BAE Systems
• British Nuclear Fuels
• Big Bang Fair
• MWH Engineering