QUALIFICATION: BTEC NATIONAL EXTENDED CERTIFICATE IN BUSINESS
BTEC Business studies will provide you with an introduction to and understanding of business activity and key business functions. This qualification is designed to give you a specialist work related qualification preparing you for University or employment by giving you the necessary knowledge and skills to succeed.
This course allows you to explore different features and areas of business from a practical perspective. The content of the course ranges from the functions of a specific business to the world in which a business operates in.
This qualification is equivalent to an A-Level.
40% Assignments and 60% Controlled Assessment.
1. Assignments: Set and marked by the centre and externally moderated. Students complete a series of practical, tasks set in a work-related scenario.
2. Controlled Assessment: Set and marked by the exam board. Students respond to a pre-released brief or complete an online examination.
This is a vocational qualification that is good preparation for University or an Apprenticeship.
The jobs that you can do with this qualification include a leader or manager of any organisation, Accountant, Investment Banker, HR Officer, Insurance Underwriter, Management Consultant, Risk Manager, Logistics and Distribution, Marketing Executive, Retail Manager, Sales Executive, System Analyst.
• Exploring Business (Internally set and marked)
• Developing a Marketing Campaign (Externally set and marked task)
• Personal and Business Finance (External exam)
• Recruitment and Selection (Internally set and marked)