QUALIFICATION: OCR L3 CAMBRIDGE TECHNICAL INTRODUCTORY DIPLOMA IN ICT
Throughout the course you will be able to design, make and code your own web-based products. You will understand the most effective ways to communicate and work together using tools such as blogs and podcasts. You will learn how information is used in organisations such as Facebook and Twitter. We also prepare you for, and help you understand the requirements for working in the IT industry. You will gain skills to enter the industry in web design or games programming, as have some of our previous students.
In order to be successful on this course you will be expected to have a keen interest in IT and software.
This qualification is equivalent to an A-Level.
40% Assignments and 60% Controlled Assessment.
1. Assignments: Set and marked by the centre and externally moderated. Students complete a series of practical, tasks set in a work-related scenario.
2. Controlled Assessment: Set and marked by the exam board. Students respond to a pre-released brief or complete an online examination.
If you are successful on this course you will open up several pathways for yourself. You can choose to go onto University and study I.T or Computing based courses, or even courses in digital media.
Jobs you could do include Database Administrator, Games Developer, Information Systems Manager, IT Consultant, Multi Media Programmer, Network Engineer, Systems Analyst or Developer, IT Sales or Training, Technical Author, Teacher or Lecturer.
• Communication and Employability Skills for IT
• Website Production
• Interactive Media Authoring
• Information Systems
• Developing Computer Games
• Computer Game Platforms and Technologies