QUALIFICATION: BTEC NATIONAL EXTENDED CERTIFICATE IN SPORT
This is a fascinating course that allows you to progress to do a degree in sport or similar at University. Equally it can lead to a good job instead of or after University.
The course studies recreation and sport generally, as well as coaching and playing. It helps you improve your own sporting performance, and allows you to accredit your playing and coaching experiences. It studies anatomy and the physiology of fitness, how the body functions combined with the effects of exercise.
This qualification is equivalent to an A-Level.
33% Assignments and 67% Controlled Assessment.
1. Assignments: Set and marked by the centre and externally moderated. Students complete a series of practical, tasks set in a work-related scenario.
2. Controlled Assessment: Set and marked by the exam board. Students respond to a pre-released brief or complete an online examination.
University degrees in sport and related subjects, such as physiotherapy, sports psychology, sports management, sports science. There are many jobs available to you, such as Adventure Tourism, Coaching, Fitness, Leisure Management, Outdoor Pursuits, Sports Marketing, Sports Journalism, Tourism Management, Teacher of Lecturer, Sport or Travel Operations.
• Anatomy and Physiology (external assessment)
• Professional Development in the Sports Industry
• Fitness Training and Programming for Health, Sport & Wellbeing Options:
• Sports Psychology
• Application of Fitness Testing
• Sports Leadership